Flash News
Mail Instagram YouTube YouTube
CALABARZON

Foiled ambush, a blessing in disguise, says Gen. Danao

By Gemi Formaran
February 15, 2020

Calabarzon police director Brig. Gen. Vicente Danao hands financial assistance to the mother of Patrolman Millan Ken Parco during his visit to the two wounded cops. At right is Quezon police director Col. Audie Madrideo who also gave financial support. (Photo by Gemi Formaran)

LUCENA CITY -  The foiled ambush of two rookie policemen by communist guerillas on Saturday in San Narciso, Quezon could be a "blessing in disguise" as they believed that the incident had prevented a worse damage, police officials said.

Calabarzon police director, Brig. Gen. Vicente Danao, Jr. made this statement during his visit to Patrolmen Millan Parco and Kennedy Piamonte at a hospital in this city yesterday.

The two young cops are assigned as patrollers at San Narciso police station under Capt. Hubert Reuben Jabrica.

Danao said he visited the wounded cops to personally see their situation and recognize the heroic deed they have shown.

Both policemen sustained non fatal bullet wounds after they were ambushed while patrolling in the village by around 50 armed men believed to be New People's Army (NPA) rebels at Brgy. San Juan of said town.

___ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW___




But the two cops, despite outnumbered, stood their ground and fired back at the communist guerillas and even wounded one of them in the body, according to Quezon police director, Col. Audie Madrideo.

Danao said they believe that the rebels were earlier planning to carry out a bigger offensive against the police.

"We believe that the rebels' original target was a team of cops from the platoon of 2nd Quezon Provincial Mobile Force Company whose detachment is based not so far from the ambush site" said Danao.

He said the team was scheduled to hold a barangay visit in the village that day regarding its pro- youth program dubbed, "Kabataan Kontra Droga at Terorismo".

Danao said the rebels might have took advantage the situation when they spotted the two cops who were patroling that time.

"But to their surprise, our brave policemen did not allow to be intimidated and over powered and fired back", Danao said.

Brig. Gen. Norwin Tolentino, commander of the Army's 201st Infantry Brigade who accompanied Danao during his visit condemned the rebels attack, branding it as a mere show of force to let the public feel their presence.

Asked how many more regular rebels are still operating in the 3rd and 4th districts of Quezon under the NPA's Apollonio Mendoza Command, Tolentino said, "Not more than 30". 

0 comments:

Post a Comment



–>